(No recruiters please)
We are looking for a Skilled Painter to paint the interior and exterior of structures, buildings and other surfaces. Your job will be important since good painting has both practical and aesthetic benefits. An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties. The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work. If this sounds like you we encourage you to apply!
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Calculate costs and negotiate prices
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
- Proven experience as a painter
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- High school diploma; successful completion of an apprenticeship
- Employer matching contribution retirement plan
- PTO (paid time off)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Gym Membership
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance (various plans)
- 3-day weekends. The schedule is Monday Thursday, 7:00am-5:30pm (subject to change if required, but this is the standard day-to-day schedule).
Kaminski Construction is a full-service, family-owned general contracting business based in Eugene, Oregon. We are licensed with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board (license #181022), bonded and insured.
We regularly work in Eugene, Springfield, Junction City, Roseburg, and other surrounding communities in Lane, Linn and Douglas counties.
We will deliver quality professional work, on time and on budget, with responsive and respectful service.
1. Do the right thing: We work with honesty and integrity no matter what.
2. Be safe: We begin every project with the assurance that we will be safe through the whole process.
3. Work hard: If there's a will, there's a way. We work to find the best solution to our client's problems.
4. Be responsive and flexible: There is often a need for modifications, and we will provide a swift response to customer requests. We are open to change and will adjust to the needs of our clients.
5. Work as a team: All our employees are valuable team members.
6. Leave the job site clean: We leave every space we work in cleaner than we found it.
7. Make a positive impact: We strive to make your life better through living space repairs and renovations.
Kaminski Construction was born in 2008 at the beginning of the Great Recession. We landed our first job and began to grow as other construction companies were laying workers off. We have continued to grow and expand our services and now field a crew of about 24 full-time employees.