The position is located in Eugene, OR
$2,000 sign on Bonus (after successfully completing 90 days of employment)
We are looking for an experienced Lead Carpenter who brings the ability to produce and energy to manage our job sites and various tradespeople. We need an adaptable, personable, and proactive team leader to own this position. This is a ground-floor opportunity for anyone looking to grow into a production position. If your past two supervisors rate you as a 9 or above, on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is excellent, we want to hear from you.
You will be responsible for the daily execution and management of on-site operations for our projects. You will be asked to lead our production on projects, directing field personnel and maintaining good communication in order to make sure the job is finished on time and within budget. You will also demonstrate leadership skills and will maintain a safe work environment.
- Manage day-to-day trade contractor scheduling and field oversight
- Assist team with project planning and developing site logistics
- Assist Foreman with schedule and oversight of in-house self-performing crew
- Work closely with Pre-construction and Project Manager team to identify and solve problems
- Reading plans or instructions, finish carpentry, framing, hanging crown moldings, installing window/door casings and baseboards, and installing fixtures and hardware.
- Using hand and power tools and checking the accuracy of completed work.
- Rough framing of walls, ceilings, and roof.
- Repair/replace patios, decks, doors, cabinets, appliances, and necessary demolition to repair.
- Direct field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule
- Ensure the project is completed on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities
- Ensure proper signage is posted on the job site, and safety requirements are met
- Must have carpentry experience (5 + Years) and knowledge of remodeling
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Ability to read and understand Architectural plan sets (all disciplines)
- Technical understanding of residential and commercial construction including building codes, trade sequencing, and best building practices
- Ability to gather information, prepare reports and communicate
- Capable of problem-solving and dealing and experience with complex detailed projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Employer matching contribution retirement plan
- PTO (paid time off)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Gym Membership
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance (various plans)
- 3-day weekends. The schedule is Monday Thursday, 7:00am 5:30pm (subject to change if required, but this is the standard day-to-day schedule).
Kaminski Construction is a full service, family-owned general contracting business based in Eugene, Oregon. We are licensed with the Oregon Construction Contractors Board (license #181022), bonded and insured. We regularly work in Eugene, Springfield, Junction City, Roseburg, and other surrounding communities in Lane, Linn, and Douglas counties.
We will deliver quality professional work, on time and on budget, with responsive and respectful service.
Do the right thing: We work with honesty and integrity no matter what.
We begin every project with the assurance that we will be safe through the whole process.
If there's a will, there's a way. We work to find the best solution to our client's problems.
Be responsive and flexible:
There is often a need for modifications, and we will provide a swift response to customer requests. We are open to change and will adjust to the needs of our clients.
Work as a team:
All our employees are valuable team members.
Leave the job site clean:
We leave every space we work in cleaner than we found it.
Make a positive impact:
We strive to make your life better through living space repairs and renovations.
Kaminski Construction was born in 2008 at the beginning of the Great Recession. We landed our first job and began to grow, as other construction companies were laying workers off. We have continued to grow and expand our services and now field a crew of about 24 full-time employees.